Thursday, February 15, 2007

Duck a la Papelbon

Finally! A post about baseball. Sorta. Red Sox reliever -- er, starting pitcher -- Jonathan Papelbon recently went duck hunting with New York Giants Quarterback Eli Manning. Afterwards, he told reporters that his recipe for duck beats the hell out of Ted Williams' recipe (which I can't find; a shiny nickel to the Apronite who can dig it up):
("I tried it and it was terrible, dude" he said.) "What I do," Papelbon said, "you marinate it in Coke and Italian dressing, right. What the Coke does, the carbonation takes out all the game flavor. So you marinate it in Coke and Italian dressing in a Ziploc bag. Then what you do, you slice up a breast, quarter it in fours, and then you wrap those four little nuggets in bacon, jalapeno, and sour cream, so you wrap it all in a piece of bacon, throw it on a grill. It's amazing."
Mmm, duck marinated in coke. Now I know what I'm having Friday night. (via With Leather)

No comments: